Thursday 1 December 2016

THE EYES OF THE BLIND WILL SEE

PRAYER PAUSE


Friday 2 December 2016


THE EYES OF THE BLIND WILL SEE


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “After the shadow and darkness the eyes of the blind will see.” (Isaiah 29:17-24)



Reflection. To see is an ever expanding activity. Yes, we begin with the sheer joy of seeing the world around us. Then we go deeper and say constantly, “I see”. I said this to myself when I first lived with people with intellectual disability. I “saw” that they had their own gifts to share with all of us. But before, I had thought in my darkness that they had nothing to offer. And so it is with many aspects of modern life. There is a mind stretching film about to be released called The Silence about an act of apostasy in 17th century Japan. But there is a deeper theme. And so it goes.

Prayer. Lord, may we have eyes to see all the unfolding wonder of your creation and may we respond! Amen.

































No comments:

Post a Comment