Thursday 8 December 2016

I LEAD YOU

PRAYER PAUSE


Friday 9 December 2016


I LEAD YOU


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I, the Lord your God, lead you in the way you must go. If only you had been alert your happiness would have been like a river.” (Isaiah 48:17-19)



Reflection. Advent is a promise of accompaniment; Emmanuel, God with us. It is consoling yet difficult. Jesus speaks of children playing; they shout instructions to one another but they don’t listen to one another. (Matt 11:16). Paul (in Galatians 5) says, “let us be directed by the Spirit.” If we could grow in that ability it would ease our worries. So, Advent is a time to ask, “What is stopping me from hearing the word?” There are blockages we rather like to keep in place. They are our defences  - against the Holy Spirit!


Prayer. Lord, how can I let go of my defences and hear you and follow you?  Amen.

































No comments:

Post a Comment