Friday 4 November 2016

I CAN DO ALL THINGS

PRAYER PAUSE


Saturday 5 November 2016


I CAN DO ALL THINGS


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:10-19)



Reflection. Paul is telling his beloved Philippians that he can manage, “full stomach or empty stomach” because of his closeness to, his union with, the Lord. This hunger may apply to us but it is perhaps more likely that our hunger is to find our place: What am I to do? How can I discover and use my gifts? Are my circumstances blocking me or freeing me? It is interesting to hear one person’s journey. The new Jesuit General has given an interview describing his life. It is fascinating to hear another person’s story.     


Prayer. Lord, give us that courage to trust our gifts and find our place that we may rejoice in you all our days - here and hereafter. Amen





































No comments:

Post a Comment