Thursday 3 November 2016

ENEMIES OF THE CROSS

PRAYER PAUSE


Friday 4 November 2016, Charles Borremeo


ENEMIES OF THE CROSS


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I have told you often, and I repeat it today with tears, there are many who are behaving as enemies of the cross of Christ.” (Philippians 3:17-4:1)



Reflection. It is a constant theme. There are no roots. The seed has fallen on rocky soil. People begin with enthusiasm and then get distracted and compromise. Paul saw it in his beloved church at Philippi. We can see it in our churches and organisations today. Maybe we can see it in ourselves? With deep affection Paul appeals to his “brothers and friends … remain faithful in the Lord.” And he ends, “I miss you very much, dear friends, you are my joy and my crown.”


Prayer. Lord, help us to put down deep roots in our faith, so that when the storms come we will remain stron. Amen





































No comments:

Post a Comment