Thursday 14 July 2016

MY SPIRIT SEEKS FOR YOU

PRAYER PAUSE


Thursday 14 July 2016  


MY SPIRIT SEEKS FOR YOU


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “At night my soul longs for you and my spirit in me seeks for you.” (Isaiah 26:7…19)


Reflection. My soul and my spirit seeks …! It sounds like the prophet is speaking of something distinct from me; something I have, that I am not fully conscious of. Augustine spoke of being “restless” until he rested in God. It is as though he has no control over something within him. I think that is true. We are, I suppose, more or less in control of what we are conscious of. But we are not in control of our unconscious. It is that beautiful part of us that won’t be quiet - even in dreams. We are drawn to God in ways we are not conscious of. We are like a sound tree that produces good fruit while hardly knowing what we are doing. It is just part of us.

Prayer. Lord, may we listen to our own restlessness as we are drawn to you. Amen




































No comments:

Post a Comment