Tuesday 19 July 2016

GO NOW!

PRAYER PAUSE


Wednesday 20 July 2016  


GO NOW!


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Do not say, ‘I am a child.’ Go now to those to whom I send you.” (Jeremiah 1:1…10)


Reflection. Jeremiah felt overwhelmed by the call he received and he would later complain bitterly about the trouble it gave him. But he did it. He followed through on the call and was given strength to speak out relentlessly against the leaders of Israel. It is always going to be a cry. What can I do? I’m just me. Yet the call is there mysteriously to everyone – not just the great in political, sporting or artistic fields. Grace is what we call that life that God gives that stretches us beyond our comfort.  


Prayer. Lord, give us the grace to stretch beyond our grasp. Amen




































No comments:

Post a Comment