Friday 4 March 2016

WHAT I WANT IS LOVE

PRAYER MOMENT


Saturday 5 March 2016   


WHAT I WANT IS LOVE


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “What I want is love, not sacrifice; knowledge of God, not holocausts.” (Hos. 5:15-6:6)


Reflection. This reading from Hosea goes together today with the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector (Luke18:9). They go to the heart of the matter, It is not so much what I do or have done – all my achievements – but have I loved? Have I loved with a love that goes beyond “kith and kin” to reach out to people who are on the margins: people who may have no one to turn to. The influx of migrants to Europe is a huge test. But there are tests of the genuineness of our love closer to home. They are harder to notice and easier to avoid.


Prayer. Lord, teach me the way of love. Amen.


























No comments:

Post a Comment