Thursday 3 March 2016

I WILL LOVE THEM

PRAYER MOMENT


Friday 4 March 2016   


I WILL LOVE THEM


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I will heal their disloyalty, I will love them with all my heart, for my anger has turned from them.” (Hos. 14:2-10)


Reflection. Our Lenten readings have called us to repentance and put before us the mercy of God. Now comes a climax preparing us for Holy Week, still two weeks away. All this movement towards God is a movement of love. God’s love for us and our response to him and to one another (Mark 12:38-44). Hosea, one of the earliest prophets, has tender words to describe God’s love. Only yesterday a colleague was telling me how astonished her retreatants are when they discover, in their prayer, how God loves them. It somehow had not occurred to them before. They thought prayer was only about words and singing. Now they are discovering God in quietness and stillness.  


Prayer. Lord, may we know your love and respond in love. Amen.

























No comments:

Post a Comment