Thursday 24 July 2014

I FOUND HIM WHOM MY HEART LOVE

PRAYER MOMENT           Apologies for my silence the last few days. I had no access to internet while in Chinhoyi. I send now what I failed to send then.  Then I will prepare opne for today.            

Tuesday 22 July 2014, St Mary Magdalene


I FOUND HIM WHOM MY HEART LOVES


Pause. Be still in the presence of God.


Reading: “I will rise and go through the city; in the streets and the squares I will seek him whom my heart loves.” (Song of Songs 3:1-4)


Reflection. Mary of Magdala is the only person in the gospels, besides the key people, who gets her own feast. She stands out as the disciple who is drawn to Jesus, not because she was  cured of a disease or astonished by his “teaching with authority” but because she was drawn and  absorbed by  love. And, if she is the same person whom we find in Luke 7, it was the experience of knowing she was forgiven that transformed her. She witnesses to that essential part of who we are; to love and be loved is the start and finish of our being. God calls us to keep his commandments, the first expression of the covenant. But they are only the groundwork of a relationship which is fully lived in love. We are to come to know God’s love for us and come to a great desire to respond in love..  


Prayer. Lord, teach us to know your love for us, expressed in so many ways in our life. Help us to stop and see what is before our eyes. Give us a deep love for you and for one another. Amen..
David Harold-Barry SJ











No comments:

Post a Comment