Sunday 29 June 2014

HE HAS GRANTED US HIS LOVE

PRAYER MOMENT                          


Friday 27 June 2014, The Sacred Heart of Jesus  


HE HAS GRANTED US HIS LOVE


Pause. Be still in the presence of God.


Reading: “Shoulder my yoke and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.” (Matt 11:25-30)


Reflection. I once watched a father talking to his dying son. The boy was just six. Their talk was of wild hopes of what they would do together. The father knew his son was dying and he adapted his words to give hope and joy to his child.  The infinite heart of God, so totally beyond our imagining, has adapted his Word so that we can grasp it. He has taken a human heart and become one of us in Bethlehem. He has “granted us his love”(Romans 8) so that we may love. He has opened a way for us so that love and joy makes all things easy and light, Today is the great festival of love, divine love and energy. “If anyone thirsts let him come to me!”
  
Prayer. Lord Jesus, you give us a heart so that we may receive your love. You give us a heart so that we may love one another and find you in one another and one another in you. Amen.
David Harold-Barry SJ








No comments:

Post a Comment