Thursday 8 March 2018

I WILL LOVE THEM


PRAYER PAUSE  


Friday 9 March 2018


I WILL LOVE THEM


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I will love them with all my heart, my anger has turned from them. I will fall like dew on Israel.” (Hosea 14:1-10)



Reflection. As we progress through Lent we meet this fundamental energy that is like a life force, like breathing, that runs through everything: love. We know it is the most thrilling experince a person can have: to know I am loved and to love in  return. We experience it from our earlist years an it grows and is purified as we enter our adult life.  It draws us to moments of extreme sacrifice as when a person risks their life for another. It sustains us in the trials we endure in our relationships and frustrations. Ultimately our restless heart finds its peace in God. But we know we can turn aside and give up on love.  We can give in to our own anger and hurt and lash out bitterly in words and even blows.  God has loved us, as Hosea tells the breakaway people of the northern kingdom of Israel, and our gospel today  (Mark 12:28-34) tells us the greatest thing we can do is to love in return with all our heart.   


Prayer. Lord, teach us to love you and to love you in others with all our heart. Amen   

































No comments:

Post a Comment