Wednesday 14 February 2018

IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE A FOLLOWER OF MINE


PRAYER PAUSE  


Thursday 15 February 2018


IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE A FOLLOWER OF MINE


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “If anyone wants to be a follower of mne, let her renounce herself and take up her cross every day and follow me.” (Luke9:22-25)




Reflection. When the Apollo space craft were flying to the moon “mission control” would “adjust its course” from time to time. Lent is such a time and our readings call us to make decisions about our course. For someone rrying to be a follower of Jesus if means looking hard at, maybe small, but influential decisions we make daily – choices we make which take us “off course”. There are people we avoid meeting. There are things on the internet “off track.” There are challenges in my work that I postpone. Lent is a time for choosing, for ending the drifting “off course” that I may have slipped into. The discipline of Lent may be giving up some things I like, but it also may be deciding to do things I don’t like.  


Prayer. Lord, help us to enter Lent with a generous heart; to discern the choices I make each day and have the courage to make adjustments. Amen.





































No comments:

Post a Comment