Thursday 14 December 2017

YOU WOULDN’T DANCE

PRAYER PAUSE  


Friday 15 December 2017


YOU WOULDN’T DANCE


Enter into the stillness of God within.



Reading: “We played the pipes for you, and you wouldn’t dance.”  (Matthew 11:16-19)




Reflection. Jesus lamented the failure of his contemporaries to understand “their moment”. “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often have I longed to gather you …” (Matt 23:37). It is a sad business when we miss an opportunity. We all have regrets. Sometimes there is a touch of pride in this regretting. Someone like me shouldn’t have missed that! How could I? Etc. It is good to accept the reality of our limitations. It helps our humility. There I go again! And at the same time I persevere in ever trying to respond to the moments when they come.


Prayer. Lord, you teach us to watch; to be awake and alert. Help us to notice when you knock on our door. Amen.



































No comments:

Post a Comment