Monday 18 September 2017

A GREAT PROPHET

PRAYER PAUSE (Let me suspend these reflections till I get my eye settled.. I cannot see what I am writing!)

Tuesday 19 September 2017


A GREAT PROPHET


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “A great prophet has appeared among us; God has visited his people.” (Luke 7:11-17)



Reflection. You would imagine that such a response from the people would be the biginningof faith and a close following of Jesus. But the accounts in the gospels show how shallow and fickle their engagement with him was. Jesus suspected his ministry in Galilee. He knew the heart of his mission would be in Jeruslame and the cross. Would people then acclaim him? Where would their enthusiasm be?



Prayer. Lord, help us to engage with you at a deep level where you struggle against the forces of evil in our world. Amen.
































No comments:

Post a Comment