Tuesday 28 February 2017

TURN TO THE LORD

PRAYER PAUSE


Ash Wednesday, 1 March 2017


TURN TO THE LORD


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Turn to the Lord your God again …Who knows if he will not turn again.” (Joël 2:12-18)



Reflection. “Turning and turning in the widening gyre the falcon cannot hear the falconer.” The opening words of Yeats’ poem help us as we enter this “quickening” period of Lent. It is like half time in a football match or mid- term exams. It is a moment to assess my life in calmness and try to become aware of the thing I am avoiding. There can be some habitual trait I have that is blocking me. What is it? Can I pin it down? Can I work on it with the help of the Spirit of God? The “widening gyre” or circle of my activities is distancing me from that voice within. Can I hear it its gentle call?


Prayer. Lord, turn to us as we turn to you this Lent. Let your face shine on us and help us hear your voice. Amen.





























No comments:

Post a Comment