Monday 29 August 2016

THEIR OWN SPIRIT

PRAYER PAUSE 


Tuesday 30 August 2016  


THEIR OWN SPIRIT


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “After all, the depths of a person can only be known by their own spirit.” (1 Cor. 2:10-16)


Reflection. Each of us is a mystery: certainly to others but even to our own selves. We know there is this thing called “me” but I do not fully understand it. Sometimes it does (or I do) what really pleases me. At other times I do something stupid. Or something happens and I lose control. I have this image of a train going along nicely and then it hits an elephant crossing the track and it is derailed. We get derailed at times but it need never be for long. The gift of God is his Spirit which dwells within us and comes to our rescue. We simply surrender to the Spirit and, like a mother, the Spirit lifts us out of the mess and we find ourselves on track again.  


Prayer. Lord, help us to listen to your Spirit in our hearts.  Amen





































No comments:

Post a Comment