Tuesday 8 December 2015

I WILL GIVE YOU REST

PRAYER MOMENT


Wednesday 9 December 2015


I WILL GIVE YOU REST


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Shoulder my yoke and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)


Reflection. ‘Easy’ is not a word that comes naturally to us to describe modern life with its stress and frustrations. Yet Jesus is deliberately choosing his words: “My yoke is easy. You will find rest.” Just recently (3 December) we had the feast of Francis Xavier. The difficulties he met on his journeys to the east were unbelievable but he wrote of the immense joy and consolation he felt. And we see that in people. They become engaged 100% in their work for others and it gives them deep joy and satisfaction. Weariness and acedia are warning signs and Advent is a time to look at them.


Prayer. Lord, may we not grow weary but discover the strength you offer when we come to you. Amen.





















No comments:

Post a Comment