Wednesday 15 April 2015

FACING THE SANHEDRIN

PRAYER MOMENT 


Thursday 16 April 2015


FACING THE SANHEDRIN


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: When the officials had brought the apostles in to face the Sanhedrin, the high priest demanded an explanation.” (Acts 5:27-33)


Reflection. It is relentless. First, Jesus faces the Sanhedrin and gives clear witness before them about who he is and what he has come to do. Now the same is happening to the apostles and they likewise follow in the Lord’s way. Our joy at Easter is the joy of our knowing that we are in this tradition. While we engage with the daily struggles we face we know we are part of the the great movement that is God’s plan for our world. I am called to understand where that point of engagement enters into my life. I cannot be satisfied with greetings; ‘the Lord be with you.’ I have to explore where is the Lord with me and in what precise activities am I following his way and that of the apostles who became lights for the world.


Prayer. Lord, may your Holy Spirit assist me to see where I ‘face the Sanhedrin.’ May I know the moments when I am called to engage in the struggle against evil in myself and in the world. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  















No comments:

Post a Comment